Sickness can be frightening for many people.
Virtual care (or telehealth) can be a convenient option at any time of day or night or when your primary care provider is not available.
Virtual visit ensures quality and continuity of care regardless of unprecedented developments or daily demands. And it’s a solution that is poised to deliver long-ranging benefits.
During a virtual visit, your nurse practitioner can help you:
- Discuss minor health issues
- Get advice before making an office visit
- Avoid unnecessary trips during cold and flu season
- Answer questions you may have
- Order tests and prescribe medicine
NP2GO Clinic offers quality, on-demand visits with highly qualified nurse practitioners in the comfort of your home or office.
We know that sometimes a visit to the doctor’s office can be difficult to schedule, especially when you’re sick. That’s why we created virtual visit — an online service that lets you see a health care provider via web-enabled computer, tablet, or smartphone.
What Is a Virtual Visit?
Virtual visit, also known as telemedicine, is the use of digital communications technology to provide health care at a distance. Many people know it as an online visit to a doctor without going into an office or clinic.
Virtual visits are conducted by board-certified doctors or nurse practitioners using your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
You will talk to and see the practitioner via video on a secure, HIPAA-compliant platform. Prescriptions can be e-prescribed directly to your preferred pharmacy. Sometimes, follow-up testing will be required.
How Do Virtual Visits Work?
Telehealth appointments can vary based on your doctor’s specialty.
Here’s how our virtual visit works:
- Schedule an appointment. You can schedule an appointment with any of our nurse practitioners for a non-emergency medical issue, day or night.
- Meet your provider. You’ll receive a link to your virtual waiting room 10 minutes before your appointment time, where you can meet your provider face-to-face via video chat on your computer or mobile device. You can share additional information, such as photos or chart notes, during the visit with our practitioner if needed.
- Get advice fast. Our nurse practitioner will listen to your symptoms and advise on how to treat them as soon as they’re diagnosed, so you don’t need to wait for a follow-up email or call to get the right treatment plan for you.
When to Use Virtual Visits
You can use a virtual visit for many of the same reasons as a doctor’s office visit. Virtual visits are fast, easy, and convenient. They’re also less expensive than most other types of care.
A Virtual Visit is a great option if you have:
- A busy schedule and cannot make it to the doctor’s office.
- To discuss a simple health concern with your physician but do not need an in-person visit.
- No access to transportation.
- A chronic condition that requires regular check-ins.
- Difficulty getting time off work or finding sitters for your children while you’re at the doctor’s office.
- To travel, and you get sick.
Expert Tip: We don’t recommend virtual visits for serious medical conditions, such as broken bones or head injuries. Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room if you have an emergency.
Pros and Cons of Virtual Visits
There are pros and cons to both in-person and virtual visits for health care. The same holds true for any other wellness care. Some people prefer the convenience of virtual appointments, while others find in-person visits more comfortable.
Below is a table showing the pros and cons of virtual visits, but obviously, the pros outweigh the cons.
The convenience, cost-savings, and time virtual visits save have made telemedicine increasingly popular among patients. This has been especially true during the COVID-19 pandemic, as social distancing measures have made in-person visits more challenging.
What NP2GO Virtual Visits Can Treat
The number of illnesses a telemedicine visit can treat is extensive. Some of the most common conditions we treat in our virtual visits include:
Skin conditions, such as:
- Spider bite
- Poison ivy
Cold and flu-like symptoms, including:
- Runny nose
- COVID-19 symptoms
- Sore throat
- Sinus infection
Eye infections, including:
- Pink eye
Other Conditions, including:
- Diaper rash
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Upper respiratory infection
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Various viral and bacterial infections
- Fifth disease
- Seasonal allergy symptoms and reactions
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I schedule a virtual visit?
A virtual visit makes it easy to have a face-to-face appointment with your health provider from the comfort of your couch. Here’s how to get started.
You’ll need access to a device with a camera and microphone such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer, and make sure you’re connected to the internet.
We use Doxy.me, a HIPAA compliant telehealth platform, so you’ll need to set Chrome as your default web browser.
Before the appointment, we’ll send you a personalized link by email or text. Click on this link 15 minutes before your appointment, type your name, and click ‘check-in.’
This will let your care provider know you’re ready, and she’ll appear on the screen with you.
Who Is Eligible for a Virtual Visit?
If you’re a patient in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Norman, Broken Arrow, Lawton, Edmond, Moore, Midwest City, Enid, or Stillwater and require a physician for an everyday illness or injury but are worried about COVID-19 exposure, a Virtual Visit lets you get quality care from a licensed medical professional without having to leave your home.
Can I Schedule a Virtual Visit for My Child?
Yes, most times, our nurse practitioners can see a pediatric patient over the age of 18 months (If your child is experiencing pediatric respiratory and some other symptoms that require an in-person visit, we will not see them, but we will notify you of this and refund the payment).
What Should I Do to Get Ready for My Appointment?
- It’s essential to prepare for your appointment early to make the most of your virtual visit appointment. Here are the tips to help you navigate your telehealth appointment with your practitioner so you can get the care you need.
- Note down your symptoms.
- Write any pre-existing condition you have, how long they’ve been present, and if you’re on any medication.
- Have medical devices close at hand or take the readings before your telehealth visit and record them.
- List down all the questions you need to ask.
- Find a quiet private spot for your virtual visit appointment.
- Make sure your device(s) are ready ahead of time.
If you have any issues, call our help desk at (405) 696-7003 Monday-Friday from 8:00 am–5:00 pm.
It’s also good to have a backup phone, computer, or tablet just in case you have technical issues. If you’re using a phone or tablet for your visit, find a spot to place it so it can be steady and the practitioner can see you.
Is My Virtual Visit Secure? How Will My Information Be Protected?
We host our virtual visits through doxy.me, an HIPAA compliant telehealth platform, to ensure your information is secure and protected. Also, we don’t record any audio or video during your virtual appointment.
You can also mute your microphone or pause your outgoing video if necessary.
How Much Does a Virtual Visit Cost?
Virtual appointments are only $35 per visit, and invoicing is done independently of insurance. There is no need for insurance, and claims will not be billed to your policy.
Can Someone Else Join?
Yes, you can bring a family member, caregiver, or translator with you on your virtual visit.
What Makes NP2GO Virtual Visits Unique?
- A compassionate, experienced nurse practitioner is available when you need them
- A true on-demand appointment with a wait time of no more than 10 minutes
- Secure HIPAA compliant mobile and desktop access
- We send the prescriptions directly to your desired pharmacy
- Easy payment by credit card, debit card, or HSA/FSA card
Ready to Start Your Virtual Visit?
Contact us today. We’re ready for an appointment with you.