If you want to reduce joint stress, lower your blood pressure, control sleep apnea, or feel more confident in your appearance, you may be interested in starting your weight loss Oklahoma journey. In addition to switching up your diet and increasing physical activity, a weight loss medication like semaglutide may help you reach your goals.
What Is Semaglutide?
Semaglutide is a GLP-1 receptor agonist. By imitating natural hormones, it can encourage positive changes in your body. There are two primary uses of semaglutide:
- As an antidiabetic medication. Your doctor may recommend semaglutide injections if you have type 2 diabetes. The medication, a healthy diet, and increased exercise are used to improve your body’s glycemic control.
- As a weight management tool. Semaglutide may be used by adults who are obese or overweight. When combined with diet and exercise, the injections can help with weight loss and long-term weight management.
How Does Semaglutide Enter Your Body?
Taking semaglutide is simple. It will most often enter your body through a subcutaneous injection; this means that the medication goes under your skin, but not into a muscle or through your veins. If you are prescribed Wegovy or Ozempic, you will be able to do the injection yourself with a pen-like device. After it is injected into your thigh, abdomen, or upper arm, the semaglutide will get to work.
What Does Semaglutide Do?
As a GLP-1 receptor agonist, when semaglutide enters your body, it mimics the action of your natural incretin glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1). When this happens:
- Your body produces more insulin. This increases blood sugar disposal and improves glycemic control (which is helpful if you have type 2 diabetes).
- Semaglutide injections may also enhance the growth of pancreatic beta cells. These are the cells that produce and release insulin.
- Your appetite is lowered, you stop craving certain foods, and your stomach’s digestive process is slowed. All of this can help reduce body fat.
Weight Loss Oklahoma with NP2GO
If you want to start your weight loss journey, NP2GO is ready to help you create a safe and healthy plan based on your needs. Our team will combine healthy techniques, safe methods, and a judgment-free attitude to help you reach your goals. To do this, we will:
Start with Virtual Visits Oklahoma
We customize weight loss plans according to each patient’s needs, which is why we start by meeting with you during a telemedicine Oklahoma call. During this visit, we will discuss your lifestyle habits, experiences that impact how you relate to your weight and body, and the conditions or biological factors affecting your health.
Provide Advice and Prescriptions
Based on our virtual visits Oklahoma, we can provide helpful tips and prescribe medications that can help with long-term weight loss and management. At NP2GO, we utilize both Wegovy and Ozempic. These semaglutide injections assist with blood sugar control and weight loss, making them beneficial to people with type 2 diabetes and those who need help managing their weight.
Weight Loss Help with Telemedicine Oklahoma
NP2GO is prepared to help you lose weight in a safe and healthy way, so you can enjoy the many benefits it will have on your health and self-confidence. To learn more about our services, please contact us. You can also schedule your virtual visit today!