Starting your weight loss OKC journey can prevent potential health issues, increase your energy level, and help you feel more confident. Of course, like any other journey, your plan needs a goal or destination to work towards, like:
- Losing a specific number of pounds.
- Decreasing your body weight by a certain percentage.
- Reducing your waistline by a set number of inches.
So, how much weight should you try to lose?
Before you choose a number, it is important to remember that everyone’s body is different. Various factors contribute to weight loss, including age, genetics, health conditions, and lifestyle habits. As such, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to “How much weight should I try to lose?” Instead, set your weight loss Oklahoma goal based on your unique health, wants, and needs.
Starting a Weight Loss Journey with NP2GO
At NP2GO, we help patients across the country define and reach their weight loss goals with our virtual visits Oklahoma and beyond. During these, a weight loss professional will meet with you to discuss your goals, biological factors, and more to determine your ideal weight loss method. We can also help you choose a realistic amount of weight you can lose healthily and sustainably.
To meet your needs and preferences, we may prescribe safe and effective medications, like semaglutide or tirzepatide. Both of these injections can help with weight loss and management.
How Semaglutide Works
When injected into the body, semaglutide mimics the GLP-1 hormone; this is the hormone that your body releases into your gut in response to eating. As a result, semaglutide interacts with the part of your brain that signals you to feel full. When combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, it can help you lose weight.
A 2021 study researched semaglutide’s effect on someone’s weight when combined with healthy lifestyle changes. After 68 weeks, members of the study lost an average of 15% of their body weight. So, for example, if someone started the study weighing 200 pounds, the semaglutide injections helped lower that to 170.
How Tirzepatide Works
Like semaglutide, when tirzepatide injections enter the body, the medication mimics the GLP-1 hormone. However, it also imitates the GIP hormone, which stimulates insulin secretion. As a result, tirzepatide signals to your body that it feels full and slows the movement of food through your stomach, so it can help you lose weight.
A 2022 study researched tirzepatide’s effect on an individual’s weight when combined with positive changes in diet and exercise. After 72 weeks, members in the study lost an average of 15% of their starting body weight.
4 Tips to Help You Reach Your Weight Loss Oklahoma Goals
You need more than a starting point and an end goal to create a weight loss plan that you can follow through on. In addition to regularly meeting with NP2GO’s weight loss professionals, you can follow our helpful tips below.
1. Make Sure You Are Ready for This Journey
Weight loss OKC involves lifestyle changes, so you must commit to the time and effort needed for success. Ask yourself:
- Am I completely motivated to lose weight?
- Am I going to change my daily habits?
- Am I willing to ask for support from others?
- Am I going to dedicate myself to this?
When you are prepared mentally, it can be easier to hold yourself accountable.
2. Find Your Motivation and Make a Commitment
If you ever get discouraged during this experience, think about why you want to lose weight:
- Do you have a family history of conditions like diabetes or heart disease?
- Do you want more energy when playing with your kids or grandkids?
- Do you want to feel more comfortable and confident in your own body?
No matter your reason, keeping this in mind can give you the motivation needed to work through any challenging parts of your weight loss journey.
3. Remember to Seek Out Support From Others
Do not be afraid to lean on the people who want you to succeed. Whether you talk with loved ones or meet with our weight loss Oklahoma professionals, you deserve a support system that will encourage you in positive ways – not with judgment. Additionally, consider joining a weight loss support group; when you build relationships with people on similar journeys, you can encourage one another while sharing support and advice.
4. Set Some In-Between Weight Loss OKC Goals
Setting smaller, regular goals to meet along the way is a great motivational tool. For example, you can recognize your success when you trade a sugary drink for water or take a walk instead of turning on the TV. When setting your “in-between” goals, make sure they are:
- Specific. Don’t make vague rules like “exercise more” or “eat healthier.” Being specific will give you something to actually work toward.
- Realistic. Remember that it takes time to lose weight. Unrealistic goals can make you feel defeated and frustrated, making the process harder.
- Forgiving. When it comes to following your plan, you’ll have good days and bad days. Be kind to yourself if you ever start to struggle.
Schedule NP2GO’s Virtual Visits Oklahoma and Beyond!
With our virtual visits Oklahoma in 28 states and Washington, D.C., the experienced team at NP2GO is here to support our patients throughout their unique weight loss journeys! Please contact us to learn more about our services and weight loss medications.