Now accepting mobile appointments!
COVID-19 diagnostic testing is recommended to determine if you're infected with the virus SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved these types of coronavirus tests.
· Molecular test. Also known as PCR test, it uses a lab technique known as Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to detect the genetic material of COVID-19.
A sample of your fluid is taken by inserting a long nasal swab into your nostril, collecting fluid from the back of your nose (Nasopharyngeal swab), or a short nasal swab (mid-turbinate swab) to collect a fluid sample.
In other cases, you may spit into a tube to produce saliva, or a long swab may be inserted into the back of your throat (Oropharyngeal swab) to get the sample.
· Antigen test. This test indicates specific proteins in the COVID-19 virus. The sample is taken using a long swab to get the fluid.
A COVID -19 tests is needed if:
· You have symptoms of COVID-19, such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath.
· You've had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with someone confirmed to be COVID-19 positive.
· You've taken part in any activity that put you at a higher risk for COVID-19, and you could not stay away for at least 6 feet from others. Such activities include travel, large gatherings, or crowded indoor settings.
· Your doctor or a healthcare provider has recommended a test.
· You work in a healthcare facility or as a first respondent
· You live or work in long-term care facilities such as prisons, nursing homes, or other shelters where you're housed near together.
· You're being cared for in the hospital.
NP 2 GO is accredited and run by qualified professionals comprising Family Nurse Practitioners and laboratory assistants.
The clinic's technology system supports our services, and all the team members are committed to providing a one of a kind service that can benefit you and help achieve our vision.
We will require a fluid sample for testing that will be collected using a long swab inserted into the back of your nose or the back of your mouth.
Collecting the sample takes a few seconds only, and the procedure is painless, but you may experience some slight discomfort. We collect samples from adults and children from at least 15 months of age.
We perform a PCR test recommended by The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and The World Health Organization (WHO) for testing the virus causing COVID-19.
In case you test negative on the rapid PCR test, we take the test to the lab to be tested as a PCR test to confirm a negative antigen test result. This is because there's an increased chance of false-negative results, which means you may be infected by the virus but have a negative result.
The rapid test results are ready within 10-15 minutes. Under usual circumstances, the test results may be available in 24-72 hours.
Your COVID-19 diagnostic test result can be negative or positive;
· Positive result. This means you have an active infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. We advise on what measures to take care of yourself and those around you. You will need to self-isolate until your symptoms have improved, or at least ten days have passed since the COVID-19 symptoms first appeared. If your symptoms are severe, we recommend you stay in isolation longer. If you test positive but don't have COVID-19 symptoms, you'll need to isolate yourself for ten days after testing.
For patients over 65 years of age and positive for COVID-19, we recommend them getting an infusion of Monoclonal antibodies that are given within ten days of the onset of symptoms.
We also recommend patients have access to pulse oximetry and blood pressure cuff in their homes.
We see COVID-19 patients for IV fluids due to dehydration, pain management, and consultation.
We test mobile, so the test will be where you choose! Your home, work, or our offices. Appointments require a 2-hour booking notice. We also do virtual visits on any patient in the state of Oklahoma, regardless of location. We see adults and children from at least 15 months of age.
The swab is inserted into the back of your nose or back of your mouth for a few seconds.
Taking the swabs is not painful, but there's a slight discomfort that's relieved once the swab is taken out.
Our appointments require a 2-hour booking notice, but if you have any problems booking or require an unavailable time, please call or text 405-696-7003, and we will schedule a time that's suitable for you.
Most insurance providers are not paying for mobile services. The rapids are cash pay or private pay. If your test is taken in the lab, the lab can bill your insurance for the test.
· If you have symptoms related to COVID-19, such as fever, coughing, and difficulty in breathing
· Have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID -19 or has signs of COVID-19
· You work in health care
· You're involved in close contacts with others
· If you're travelling outside the country for any reason.
Symptoms include fever, sore throat, cough, weakness, shortness of breath, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and fatigue.
In some cases, people who become infected don't develop symptoms of COVID-19 and don't feel unwell. Others with symptoms may be mild and may recover from the infection without needing specialized treatment.
Adults above 65 and those with underlying conditions such as high blood pressure, cancer, diabetes, and heart problems are more likely to develop severe illness. Such people should seek immediate medical attention.
Visit NP 2 Go today for COVID-19 tests and procedures to help prevent, detect, treat and manage the condition.